Monday, September 21, 2009

Tibute to Pastor Collins


In the pulpit, He is…….

A man called by God to preach the gospel.

A man called to lead the people of this great church.

A man who is NOT perfect

BUT, one who strives daily to walk the life God has laid out for him.

A man not afraid to let his real emotions show.
Nor afraid to publically correct those who’ve done wrong;
not based on emotion and personal feelings, but through biblical teaching.

A man who we all know can preach the word of God;
while he’ll never forgetting to add, the known phrase, “I know, I know, HE’s alright!”

Well, this same man is one who is truly alright with me.
He is one who has made it clear that there is; No Big “I’s” and little “You’s,”
and expects everyone to act accordingly.

He respects me as a person and honors my opinion with respect,
as to the growth of the church.

He is the man who has lovingly labeled me, “His little Evangelist”

I love him because he is a man that although not happy with his past, has used it as a testimony to encourage others and to save many souls.

I love him because he does not pretend to be perfect; But most of all--I love him not just because he is my pastor -- as well as my friend. But because he believed in me enough--to allow myself and my two sisters in Christ; to start a youth ministy that allows for us--the lost generation of the church; to glorify God in a way that is befitting.

A ministry that is composed of sisters who may not always deserve the blessings and opportunities awarded to us, but in recognizing this, one that we lovingly titled;
Product of Mercy.

Who is this wonderful man of whom I speak?

You may know him as Torrey Niquan Collins--but even though a friend, he is my Shepard whom I respect greatly; and because of this respect, he is the man I Proudly call Pastor.

Today, we the members of Product of Mercy, and St. Rest Missionary Baptist Church as a whole celebrate you--Pastor Collins, we pray that God continues to bless and keep you!

To my Church, I would like to leave you with this:

Our Shepherd

The Lord gave us a shepherd,
We're no longer in want.

He helps us find God's green pastures,
He leads us along still waters,
And he is used by God to restore our souls.

He guides us by straight pathways,
Bringing honor to God's name.

When we walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
We are not afraid because he walks with us.

His teaching and correction comfort and strengthen us.
He helps us stand strong in the face of evil.

He is the oil of healing and health in our souls.
Through him God has overflowed our lives with blessing.

Goodness and mercy are sure to follow us all our days,
And we are secure in eternal life
Because the Lord gave us a shepherd.

-A Pastor Appreciation Poem Adapted from Psalm 23 by Daniel Sherman

Motto: "Until Every Soul is Saved, the Mission Remains"

Author: Eboni Blanche
President, Product of Mercy
St. Rest Missionary Baptist Church
Pastor, Torrey Collins


No comments:

Post a Comment