Sunday, October 4, 2009

Prayer #101

Dear Lord, mighty God, the one who has been faithful through all of my ups and downs. Your goodness sustained me and led me all the way through the wilderness of pain, sorrow and derogation.

Heavenly Father, when I came begging to you for help, not as a humble servant; But as one who had fallen short over and over again. You the forgiving God knowing my faults sustained me with all your grace and mercy.

Thank you for loving me and for your protection; even when I was too caught up in the world and its ways, to realize that I was not walking in the path of righteousness. There were many times I did wrong; I turned my back to you; Seeking things that would satisfy the flesh and gain worldly approval.

Thank you for standing there waiting quietly, while I took a path of destruction. And just when I was about to fall off the cliff of ruin; your love and tenderness, shielded and guided me back to a resting place of sweet contentment.

Thank you for answering my prayers, when I came running to you pleading and pledging, loyalty and commitment, only to fall away and become trapped by worldly attractions again. But you Lord has been faithful to me. Thank you for your love and kindness. Thank you for your faithfulness. Amen


(from Barb's Book of Prayers written by B. Stevenson)

No comments:

Post a Comment